2.11.2010

When Life gives you lemons.....

Upon entering this 'lifestyle' change that I am very excited about, my taste buds were doing anything but jumping for joy.

Seriously. Going from a life of fast food, rich foods, junk foods and all around great tasting foods- to steel cut oats, nonfat yogurt, chicken breast, veggies and hummus- makes your taste buds want to kill you.

This is why I have been so thrilled and finding a little joy I like to call lemons. Lemons squeezed over top of ANYTHING enhances their already dull tastes. Lemons contain:

Vitamin C- 45mg
Calcium- 22mg
Potassium-116mg
Carbohydrates- 7.8g
Protein- .9g
Fat-.25g
Calories-100

Also, drinking a glass of water with lemon in it when you wake up in the morning naturally cleanses your body- hypes up your metabolism, and gets your body alert for the day!

When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade (it has too much sugar)- just use it on EVERYTHING you eat!

p.s. I have now lost 15lbs since I started this new lifestyle, and that is alone from eating healthy. It's time to start taking care of our bodies people!!!

3 comments :

  1. 15??? You are amazing!!! I am so excited for you. Thanks for the tip....how about lemons atop chocolate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dish is insane.
    http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/688

    ReplyDelete