4.20.2010

To be or not to be?

I'm an actress. 

For years i've tried to fight being stereotyped into one catagory. 

I'm not only an actress... I do other things, I believe other things!?

Why did this bother me so much? Why did it crawl under my skin to be classified as an actor?
I'll tell you why: because it made me feel ridiculous. 

You know how children always allow themselves to dream big? When asking a child what they want to be they'll always answer honestly. The thing is, all these years i've continued to answer honestly but with nothing to show for it yet.

Because I started feeling ashamed of 'playing make believe' still, I stopped trying. I stopped wanting to be someone. I felt the need to blend into the crowd of the US population, because it was easier. 

I've come to the conclusion that i'm going to start shooting for the stars again. I'm going to regain that childlike thought process and become what i've always wanted to be: an actress.

Hamlet said it best "To be or not to be" and I am choosing to be :)

No comments :

Post a Comment