6.30.2010

A can of whoop-a#$

Recently I've been feeling directionless

Or maybe I have too many different directional possibilities?

Either way, for whatever reason, I have been feeling unaccomplished, antsy, and generally unhappy.

After work tonight, I called my father to get the standard "you-have-accomplished-enough-just-by-living-in-New-York-City-I-am-so-proud-of-you-and-will-always-love-you" talk. Instead, to my immediate distaste and surprise, my father actually decided to tell me the truth. 

In other words, my Dad straight up handed me a can of whoop-a@# over the phone. I felt like a 10 year old who had just tried to throw her vegetables underneath the table during dinner. I was embarrassed, upset and most of all: inspired.

An interesting fact about Courtney- I am motivated the most by people who tell me the hard, cold truth. If you tell me I suck, I'm going to work to prove you wrong. If you tell me I'm fat, I'm going to lose 20 pounds. It's weird, I know.

I now have a direction, and it's not just to prove my father wrong! I love to be creative and it's time I started allowing myself to successfully do so!

I filled the "about" section of my blog; I also added some of my poetry to the "poetry" section as well.  Next up: Music section (once I can figure out how to go about doing so!)

The moral of this story: 

Just Do It. No More Excuses. Go For It.






2 comments :

  1. I love your new blog layout. And it's awesome that you respond so well to the cold hard truth. I must say that is a bit harder for me. :o) Personally, I think you're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Amanda, I think you're absolutely amazing :)

    ReplyDelete