7.09.2010

Where is the love?

I learned a very big lesson today about myself.

I am  selfish. (Don't be too shocked)

I used to be one of the most unselfish people I know. I gave constantly of myself to my friends and acquaintances, never feeling bad that I rarely received much in return. One day, it was brought to my attention  that the world calls this concept 'being taken advantage of'. From that moment on, I have fought a battle of putting myself first and how miserable it has been!

I was made acutely aware of how low I have digressed today. Upon realizing my dear friend's Grandmother had passed away; I was more upset that she had not personally called to inform me of this occurrence, than the fact that one of my best friends had lost her closest relative

After a couple minutes of self pity I was smacked back into reality by a small voice that preached love. Where is your love Courtney?

Good question. Where is it?

I've decided it's time to regain the love I felt for others. I've spent time living life where I gave all I had to anyone who asked for it. I've also spent time closing off my heart and only giving my love to those who proved they are worth it. In the end, it's better to love everyone. If I choose to love everyone I'll be so much happier in the end.

Like Mother Theresa said: I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.



1 comment :

  1. Courtney, you are fount of loving wisdom! i love you!

    ReplyDelete