11.30.2010

Here we go....

Yesterday my mission papers were officially turned in!

For those of you who haven't heard yet, I have decided to serve a mission for my church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints)! It will be a 18 month commitment with letters and emails once a week as my only ways of communication with y'all!

This mission could not have come at a better point in my life. I have seen God's blessings pour over me as I have prepared my papers and know that this is what I am supposed to do. When something feels this right it would be a crime against myself not to follow it.

I will find out where I will be going within the next few weeks and when I will be leaving. It could be as early as the 2nd of January or anytime after that!

In preparing for this, and a mixture of other recent occurrences in my life, I have really come to be excited about life again. We literally have NO IDEA what tomorrow will bring, and I can choose to let that terrify me, or I can choose to let it free me.

I don't know who i'm going to marry (no matter how hard I continue to guess), I have no idea where I will be spending the next 2 years of my life. I don't know what I will want to do after those 2 years.... but who cares?

Life is a game, life is a trial, life is love, life is a means to an end, life is a blessing. It's time I started reminding myself of this... i'm not a victim to life. I'm a player :)

1 comment :

  1. I am so happy for you. You are going to be an amazing missionary! Love you Court!

    ReplyDelete