8.31.2011

Dejavu

As you could tell from my last blog post, things started off quite awful here in my new transition. After the first 48 hours I was left thinking "why did I ever find this to be a good idea!?"
The good news, however, is that as I continue to settle into life as a west coaster, things continue to get better!
I am now living with our dear family friends, the Ramseys. They reside in the city of Renton (which is about 30 minutes from Seattle) which also happens to be the place I grew up!
This post will only truly resonate with those of you who have moved away from the place that you were raised...
You see, although I spent the first 12 years of my life in Renton, WA; I haven't lived here in over 14 years! As I start making a life for myself here, I can't help but feel that everything is in a weird sort of dejavu. I constantly feel as though I recognize buildings, streets, even stores; but I can't really recall the memories that house them.
On Saturday I had the opportunity to walk right by my old house, through my old neighborhood, and into the Renton Fairwoods Library. It was as if I was in a dream! This was the library my mother used to take us to when I was 5 years old~ and there was something so oddly familiar about it.
I stood at the check out desk chatting with the clerk and I couldn't help but chuckle as I walked out the doors of the library.
Life is so weird sometimes!

1 comment :

  1. Glad things are looking up! You're lucky to be able to go back and experience this, because I wish I could :)

    ReplyDelete