2.03.2013

I am a child of God....

I had a really rough night, for a lot of personal reasons I won't go in to; but let's just say that it included 2 hours of sleep, getting sick and a whole lot more.

When I woke up before my alarm there was only one place I wanted to be: church.  I just knew that it would help me feel so much better, however I didn't foresee the few little ways that God would show me he loved me today.

1. I had been waiting for the bus for 20 minutes, in 19 degree weather when a lady approached the bus stop. I asked her what the time was, and then we continued waiting for a few minutes.  She hailed a cab, turned to me and said "would you care to join me? I'm just going down to Penn Station and I can drop you off on the way... and don't worry about paying a cent".  I was shocked (this never happens in New York City) and thankfully agreed, thus getting to church on time.

2. I found a dollar bill in my pocket as I sat down on the church pew. As I unfolded it, there was a little message on the end of it the said... "Have a great day :)"

3. As I left church and went down into the subway, there was a man with a keyboard singing a beautiful rendition of one of my favorite songs... "Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered". It brought a tear to my eye and a prayer of thanks in my heart.

I know these seem completely minute, but to me~ it was a quiet reminder that God was aware of me, that I am His Child, and that He loves me.

4 comments :

  1. oh that just makes me want to be a more thoughtful person and leave dollar bills and be more kind to everyone around me! thanks for sharing... i love the inspiration these stories give

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE this! and it is all so true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recognition of God alive in you!

    ReplyDelete